Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Haters gotta hate

When one looks at international relations today it is something like observing a Shaolin Monk of Bruce Lee's stature coming down from the mountain monastery to interact with the global 'villagers'. Granted, a few others know martial arts, such as Russia, China, England etc. This doesn't however change the fact that we are by far the baddest dude in the dojo. We hear countries like North Korea and Iran talkin' some pretty serious trash, one would almost think they wanted to fight. Fact of the matter is though that no one wants to fight us. Occasionally one sees our raw might demonstrated in a massively epic ass whopping, followed by an occupation that can be likened to a debilitated karate move that leaves the recipient prostrate; capable of flailing and injuring themselves, but rendered relatively harmless against the attacker (say uncle!). Now I'm no 'might makes right' sort of thinker here, and the ends never justify the means, but we gotta accept the fact, for better or worse, we are at the pinnacle of world military power. All our nearest competitors just trade like mad with us, try to steal the secrets of our weapons and dream of the day they can actually hold their own in the field against our invincible legions. This is how the hand has been dealt, we might as well concede that we have been dealt a Royal Flush. The thing about having a hand like that is, you know everyone else if bluffing. Since we are essentially the Martial Arts masters of planet Earth, we have a great responsibility. Methinks we must behave like the head Abbot at the Shaolin Temple- with prudence, compassion and authority. Now there is always going to be some haters, it is just how human emotions seemed to be wired, and we're going to have to deal with this. The Iranians have their antagonism down to an art, hell, they make mosaics of tile in English denouncing us. But you'll notice it says 'down with USA' not 'we're going to take down USA'... they may be boisterous, but they aren't delusional. They know they can't actually hang with Bruce Lee in a Shaolin Showdown.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovers gotta love...I don't really want...none of the above...I want to strongarm you...strongarm you, yes I do...Just like Lee, Bruce...

209 said...

too bad Iranians dont have the power to be haters, we do, the nerd with the glasses drinking the nonfat milk has no physical resources to walk up to the big fat kid and talk shit.

anyway, what do you think about Thoreau, especially his writing on civil disobedience when he says, the only obligation which I have the right to assume is to do at any time what I think is right. Must the citizen ever for a moment, resign his conscious to the legislator? I think that we should be men first, and subjects afterwards. Unjust laws exist, i shall not be content to obey them, for if unjust men are prisoned, than the true place for a just man is also prison.

I know what he is saying but isn't that anarchY? against human nature? His ideals are golden, but I feel they are like Communism, great on paper but doesn't really work in practice. How do you think he can legitimize his saying when we would live in a world like Mad Max or 28 days later if this was true, isn't the Matrix better?