Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Random Observations

It is a wild ride, this flurry of thoughts and experiences that I experience subjectively as life. The more I let myself get carried along by the current the more I understand the perpetually unfolding phenomenon we call history. In the grand scheme of things, human history is basically a short story about how some primates when ape shit and have been struggling to find themselves ever since. Occasionally a few will poke their heads out of the demented debates and endless conflict to find the serenity that can come if you just 'let it be'. Sounds simple enough, but nothing could be further from the truth. A thoroughly esoteric strain in mankind makes us simultaneously some of the most hive minded and yet independent of all creatures. This dichotomy seems to be played out in each successive day of this life. Part of me wants to "tear this motherfucker up and put it back together" and the other half just wants it all to be over soon. Confucius once said that: "When the state follows the Way, speak boldly and act boldly. When the state has lost the Way, speak softly and act boldly". So here I sit, speaking softly via the internet and awaiting the time when fearless people step up as one to act boldly.

No comments: