"America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between" -Oscar Wilde
Not having an intellect to match those two geniuses above I can't make such a succinct and emphatic statement about my country, the United State of America, so I'll just do what I do know- writing a rambling rant. One thing is for sure though about Americans, we are a wild and emmotional bunch that really doesn't give a flying fuck what the rest of the world thinks about us or our behavior. We are also unintentionally honest- like the fact that the only logical way for us to celebrate our Country is eating bad food and blowing shit up. If it feels good and doesn't require too much effort do it, pretty much our modus operandi. It looks like hard times ahead for this nation of aggressive adventurers, but such in the forge from which all greatness has always emerged. I personally blame the baby boomers and their incomprehensibly stupid behavior in virtually every single aspect of national affairs. They amazingly managed to mismanage the most unprecedented advantage that any people has ever had, and so successfully soil the American ideal that it is now nothing but an incarnation of hypocrisy. Really reminds me of the last generation of Romans before Alaric sacked Rome and proved just how pathetically far they had fallen. Oh well, Sic transit gloria mundi. Now I'm no nationalist, but damn did we have it all set up so perfectly! We could have done just about anything we wanted with the world from helping and uniting humanity to completely annihilating it- and this lame ass shitstorm of opportunistic greed is all we did. God damn what a bummer! Aside from baby boomers I also blame excessive public education for taking what was once a nation of rabid individualists and turning them into the most self serving servile chauvinistic ignorant mob of maniacs the world has seen; or at least that I can think of right now. Having said all that negative shit, there are still some reasons to not count us out: 1) We have a lot of minorities in this country that seem to be a lot more capable and willing to do something with their lives other than get progressively fatter and stupider (roughly 100 million out of 300 million). 2) Just cause one Generation was a bunch of fuck ups doesn't necessarily mean all subsequent ones are going to be the same way (although that is sort of how it generally works). 3) People are voting less and less which proves that on some level we aren't completely unaware of what's going on. 4) With energy shortages looming ominously on the horizon effective entertainment might become unaffordable and consequently make Americans start using their brains again, if indeed any grey matter worth utilizing remains. 5) The rich might have gone too far this time in their abuse of the American worker, who just might retaliate with a ferocity that no one ever expected as things get progressively worse economically.
Sorry, that's the only positive points I can think of so here's another quote-
Sorry, that's the only positive points I can think of so here's another quote-
"Ours is the only country deliberately founded on a good idea."
No comments:
Post a Comment