Thursday, February 09, 2012

thought shot



Lately I've been considering what I am. Seems like I've settled into being me and this will likely be who I'm dealing with from here on out. It's a good feeling to be comfortable in your own being, and one that I feel many people never truly enjoy in the modern world. To not only accept who you are but to also accept how everyone else will react to this. Being a human really isn't all that bad if you don't take it too seriously. This would be a lot easier I presume if there wasn't this colossal pile of cultural baggage from generations past that people seem to think is extra important.
I generally find people adorable and far too fragile to harbor any ill will towards. It is precisely this weakness and vulnerability which makes me love being human. I get to construct, at least partially intentionally, a life. In all its rambling randomness and funky familiarity I love it a lot, for it is mine and all I have to contribute. Even though their is a possibility of comprehensive societal collapse, World War III, environmental Armageddon and many other potential show enders for humanity, this doesn't really bother me much anymore. How can one get upset at the species one is part of? Love it or hate it, you're with these maniacal monkeys from cradle to grave with no where to run. My advice is to make of yourself something that you can be happy having gifted to the universe in return for it letting you lease some carbon. As for the others, don't worry about them, doomed or destined for more, it doesn't really matter as much as trying to be someone you want to be for your time here on earth.

No comments: