Life is the most beautiful thing any of us will ever know
Death is the thing that makes it so
Why so many rush through it without appreciating it as a whole
Is a thing I'm truly glad I do not know
The mass of humanity that writhes on the surface of this earth
Seems to have forgotten the purpose for their birth
Tragic as this may seem, no doubt the way things have always been
Shed tears for an unhappy race toiling away amid the din
Where we are going I've studied and pondered long
How indeed have we become so far gone?
People unthinkingly warping the world from our decadence
And when I look around I see no repentance
Perhaps their is some hope left yet
Hidden deep inside everyone I bet
A primeval need for balance and space
Quite contrary to our current insane pace
No comments:
Post a Comment