Monday, January 01, 2007

Another Year

The world has made another successful orbit around our sun. If their is anything for humans to celebrate, this is it. We live on our small little rock watching the stars wander their celestial paths above as we move around in our infinitesimally small corner of the universe. How can one get so caught up in such a small roll? Why bother to build up castles made of sand when we can see the ocean all around us, up upon our shores patiently awaiting the day that we come crumbling down into its waves. It is really all very beautiful; from the choreography of the stars, right down to the little dance we call human life. I feel infinitely blessed to be able to enjoy my funny little existence for yet another year. Being free in a land of slaves is a strange sort of blessing. Without a cosmic sense of humor I doubt I would have made it this far, and thus do I insist on laughing at this world. I chuckle at the nations filled with nationalists. Point and laugh at the hilariously attired young capitalists trying so hard to be distinguishable from all the other spiritual retards. I see in our little world the echo and reflection of the perfect timeless immensity of this limitless universe. With that sort of perspective it is impossible to not laugh at all the people with furrowed brows and looks of anxiety across their puzzled faces. Everyday I witness humans trying valiantly to extricate themselves from the tininess of our individual lives. Don't they realize that their carbon is still the property of all existence, soon to be redistributed as the universe sees fit. I would hope for something more for my fellow man in this seamless symphony, but such a request would seem a sacrilege amid this breathtakingly exquisite reality.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Be as detached as you like from this silly little world, but you'll never get off this rock alive. You might as well try to find a place on it.